Due to the Federal and Virginia mandates regulating groups of 10 or more, Stonegate Stables and Jane Nordstrom Training LLC have compiled a COVID-19 policy for the entire property. This policy is intended to keep riders, their families and Stonegate staff safe and to support our nation's healthcare system and workers while continuing to give boarders access to their horses and to ride during this crisis.
Effective March 24, 2020 through May 1, 2020, we ask for the following concessions from all Stonegate boarders, riders and staff.
- Parents can drop their children off for lessons and remain in their car.
- Please, no sitting in the indoor viewing area. Numbers in the indoor arena need to be limited to riders and coaches only.
- No more than 10 people are allowed on property at a time. Please schedule your visits with management.
- All farrier and vet appointments need to be communicated and confirmed with farm management.
- Maintain a minimum six-foot distance between people at all times, including riders.
- No more than four (4) people are allowed in the indoor arena at any time. During inclement weather and high-volume times such as weekends, we ask that everyone use patience, common sense and communicate. We will be creating a Google Calendar for scheduling purposes. In the interim, please call management prior to your visit.
- Anyone experiencing dry cough or fever must notify barn management immediately and remain away from the barn for at least 14 days. During this time, we will be happy to send photos or short videos of your horse so you can continue to remain comfortable with their condition and care.
- Please limit the number of individuals in the tack rooms to no more than three people at a time.
- Please wash your hands before arriving at the barn and try to touch as few surfaces as possible while on property. Wash your hands as frequently as you can. Doorknobs, toilets, crossties, stall doors, etc., should all be wiped down after each use. Please help keep our amazing barn staff healthy...they are absolutely critical for your horse's well-being.
- Per CDC recommendations, monetary transactions should be conducted via credit card, PayPal, Venmo and Zelle.
- Communal services and objects should be treated with disinfection protocols as you would a strangles scare. This is the responsibility of all riders, owners and staff. Cleaning products and paper towels are readily available for this purpose.
- Avoid all communally-used products, grooming items and thoroughly clean all communally-used tack. If you have your own grooming equipment, please use that.